On National Heritage Day, 24th September 2016, Khulumani Support Group remembers our past. We say:
- We do not forget our family members, friends and other comrades who were murdered by the apartheid security forces.
- We remember that some of the murderers have not yet been brought to justice.
- We do not forget our daughters and sons and others, abducted by the apartheid security forces, who disappeared without trace.
- We do not forget our spouses, daughters, sons and comrades who were tortured by the apartheid security forces, whose lives remain disrupted and made defective, without healing.
- We do not forget the cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment deliberately meted out to the majority of our peoples by the apartheid government, who regarded most of us as an inferior “species” and who eliminated those of us (black and white) who opposed them.