The Khulumani Support Group is a membership-based organisation of roughly 85,000 victims and survivors of Apartheid-related gross human rights violations in South Africa. Started by survivors testifying at the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC), Khulumani has become a globally recognised movement spear-heading healing and memory, the struggle for reparations, and active citizenship in countries transitioning out of conflict.
In the past two decades we have worked alongside each other as we journey towards facing truth, memory and healing. We have sought justice against multi-national corporations that profiteered off aiding and abetting the Apartheid regime. We have rebuilt our lives through agricultural, and entrepreneurial projects. We have worked towards public accountability. And above all, we have sought justice and reparations for our members who experienced the harshest brutalities of the Apartheid system.
Khulumani continues to stand up to remind the South African government of its as yet unfulfilled commitments to dealing with the consequences of the collective trauma of our violent past to ensure that harmed individuals and communities can be restore to a dignified existence. Twenty years after the transition these commitments to the people have still not been fulfilled.
Latest from Khulumani Support Group
- VIDEO: Khulumani engages with the Siyafunda Community Technology Centre to bring access to digital technologies to the communities where it is organised
- Press Statement of the Family of Nokuthula Simelane regarding the criminal prosecution of the security agents who were involved in her disappearance
- A Long Awaited Advance in the Struggle against Impunity: The NPA announces the criminal prosecution of four security police officers involved in the disappearance of Nokuthula Simelane
- BREAKING NEWS: Dr Wouter Basson in the North Gauteng Court today in further efforts to evade accountability for his apartheid-era activities in producing chemical and biolgical weapons for the apartheid state
- Position of Deputy Director at the President's Fund: Alerting Khulumani's Associates and Friends to this opportunity